Saturday, January 19, 2013

Introduction

My name is Rachel Callahan. I am a graduate student at The University of West Alabama. I am working towards a special education degree (K-6). I live in Tibbie, AL and I work about 30 minutes from my home in Jackson, AL. I am a Case Manager at Jackson High School for the Workforce Investment Act “Winning Ways” grant. This grant allows at-risk juniors and seniors to receive remediation and tutoring. I also help these students with the Alabama High School Graduation Exam, core classes, and work skills. My goal is to increase graduation rate at Jackson High School. If they successfully complete this program, they are eligible to receive full college tuition for any two year program.

5 comments:

  1. What a great job! Sounds challenging but rewarding! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to see you are helping students graduate. We need graduation rates across the nation to increase and especially in Alabama. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent. Love this blog. If people see it, they will understand it... and it will help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have an interesting job. My undergraduate degree is in special education. Nict to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I am a Special Education K-6 major also. Charelette is right...your job sounds challenging, but rewarding! Good luck with the class and nice to meet you!

      Delete